Thursday, April 16, 2009

Project: Desk Plant

Ok, so this can BARELY be called a project... except I turned it into one. I wanted a plant for my desk at work. Something to take care of at work, that would make me smile, etc. Every plant I saw at Target, Ikea, etc I was like "eh, bleh"...nothing jumped out and said "Pick me!"
THEN.... while purusing the $1 bins at Target I found MINI pots! That came w/ seeds and lil soil blocks. I brought them to work, added water, and VOILA! plants!

I was curious how long it would take me to kill...err GROW them, so I started taking pics on my beloved cr@ppy camera phone. I should have taken pics while I was planting and sowing them, but oh well. You just get the finished product.

Here is the pots after less than a week when I came in to find just a few seedlings springing! So exciting...

That was last Friday, April 10th I believe....
THEN just when I thought they would die over the weekend w/o water (yes, I did want to carry them home w/ me over the weekend... kinda like when you had a class pet (ie: hermit crab) in elementary school and the teacher would let a student bring it home for the weekend!)
Anyway...sidetrack... So I come in Monday morning to THIS:

WEEEEEE!

Ok, so that was actually today, but it still looked a lot like that on Monday, but the right one wasn't blooming too much yet.

So maybe I don't have too much of a brown thumb after all..... *knock on wood*

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Fun! Supposedly having plants at work means you're more satisfied with your job. I'm not entirely convinced - I can see 5 plants from my desk and I'm not sure all the claims in that article apply.