Sunday, April 19, 2009

AT Cure: Progress!

Well, I have definitely made progress, but it is very true that you make a bigger mess before it gets better. Esp when you have no where for your outbox to go except in the area in front of the fireplace!

I made some good progress yesterday on my bedroom. All of my clean clothes are cleaned up and put away (BIG accomplishment), and my laundry is ready to be done today! I went through my bra/underwear/tank top drawer and cleaned a lot of it out. Some tanks went into the yard sale pile, but for the most part it all went into the trash. Really, nobody wants an old bra or a pair of panties my mom bought me that I have never worn cuz they are meant to look cute on an underwear model....yea, gross. And I straightened up my scary bookcase. Its not done, but at least it looks a little better till I have time to fully tackle and organize it. I did rearrange the bedroom furniture a few weeks ago and I am still really liking it. I also moved one of the wooden chairs next to my kitchen cart into the bedroom. I really like having a chair in the bedroom.

Bathroom is also almost completely done. Since the before picture I have gotten a new bigger bath rug that is a brighter teal that helps the room "pop". And I straightened out the mess shown where the towel rack is. I also got two bamboo soap dishes that I put on top of the white "things" above the sink. They definitely help add interest to the bathroom. Last nite I vacuumed up all the grossness. So all that is left is a good scrubbing of all fixtures and mopping the floor. Might get to that today...we'll see...

In the living/main room I bought an awesome mirror to hang over the sofa to help bounce some light around, moved the track lighting around to point some light in better spots and redid the wall above Wilbur. All of those things have helped with brightening up the room... a bit. I also tamed the cord octopus by the TV and bought a Pottery Barn style bookcase/tv stand from Chop Chop for only $33! That is a great little site to find some good cheap finds in the Boston area. And they do free delivery in the city!

Next project... the "desk area"/built in shelves by the windows. The upper shelves are ok... I just feel they are a bit cluttered w/ things I don't "love". That has really been helping my cure is asking myself "Do I LOVE it?". So I need to work on that, and then organize the paper disaster and random placement of the stereo.

After that... storage/coats/shoes/purses/dresses closet needs yet ANOTHER re-org and straighten. It just got one a few months ago... But I use it so much and it is so big for what it is, that it is a constant process.

Somewhere in that I WILL set up the wireless... I think. I think part of my hesitation with the wireless is that I may find myself online more than I already am. Which I really try to limit since I am online ALL DAY at work. But I want to set it up also just to prove to myself that I can do it!

First, I have some schoolwork to get to, then laundry & curing! Happy Sunday!

No comments: